We’ve recently been to Sicily. It was a family trip and I’ve learned that it’s not really possible to be a useful dad and focus on taking photos. So I simply used my phone and snatched the odd image before having to chase the kids through the streets of Syracuse.
Sicily was beautiful. And once we’d become accustomed to the slightly crazy driving ( eg I was undertaken at the first roundabout) we tucked in to the abundant seafood, gelato and archaeology.
A few thoughts arising from the photos above:
- I love the square format again made popular by Instagram. I’m thinking of changing all my digital images to this format.
- Mobile phones have pretty decent cameras now and the processing power is incredible. They are useful in most circumstances and the images are fine for online sharing.
- I wonder if Apple will ever team up with a camera manufacturer produce a larger sensor offering?
- I wish my digital cameras had Apple’s intuitive software.
- But I’m still mourning the loss of Aperture. I wouldn’t want Apple to buy Olympus or Lumix and then reduce the pro options as some feel has happened eg with Aperture, iWork, Logic Pro and the MacBook Pro.